autohide=true doesn't seem to work!

Posted by justil 
autohide=true doesn't seem to work!
April 18, 2009 10:29PM
Hello!
I have a slight problem here, I'm using FlashEff from an external AS file, and everything works fine except for the autohide method. No matter what I try, the hide effect doesn't seem to start in all but one case, when I call the hide function of the component itself.

txtEffect = new FlashEff();			
txtEffect.showAutoPlay = false;
txtEffect.hideAutoPlay = false;
txtEffect.targetVisibility = false;
this.addChild(txtEffect);
txtEffect._targetInstanceName = "something";

txtEffect.addEventListener(FLASHEFFEvents.TRANSITION_START, transitionStartHandler);
txtEffect.addEventListener(FLASHEFFEvents.TRANSITION_END, transitionEndHandler);

txtShow = new FET3DMotion(); //declared earlier
txtShow.tweenDuration = .6;
txtShow.tweenType = "Regular";
txtShow.easeType = "easeInOut";

txtHide = new FETBlur(); //declared earlier

txtEffect.showTransition = txtShow;
txtEffect.hideTransition = txtHide;
txtEffect.showAutoPlay = true;
txtEffect.hideDelay = 1;
txtEffect.hideAutoPlay = true; 
//if I call txtEffect.hide() here, then it works, but of course then it starts with the hide effect, without playing the show effect

Could anyone telling me what am I doing wrong? :) Thanks!
Re: autohide=true doesn't seem to work!
April 18, 2009 11:07PM
hmm, wierd. further experimenting showed that it has to be something with the FET3DMotion pattern itself...because if I change it to something else, like a Blur, then it all works like a charm. when using FET3DMotion though, I can't even capture the end event of the show effect, so I can't play several effects after each other. is this a bug?
April 19, 2009 09:48PM
Also, I just discovered the fact that I can't move a textfield (and guess it's the same for a movieclip) if I used a FlashEff effect on it?
Why is that? Is there no way to move a display object when it's effected by FlashEff? I do not even want to move it during the effect itself, I want to move it AFTER the show animation has been finished. For that of course, I'd still need to solve my previous problem, and capture the end event of the show effect of FET3DMotion!

Somebody please, help me out!
April 24, 2009 11:47AM
You need to specify the zoomDuration parameter in order for the End Event to be dispatched.
FlashEffInstance.zoomDuration= 0.5;

zoomDuration is between 0 and 1.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.