Using a AS3 file in your AS2 accordian file

Posted by shirtandsimple 
Using a AS3 file in your AS2 accordian file
April 18, 2009 02:13AM
I have purchased both your Flash eff permium and your flash accordian script. I have coded an AS2 version of the accordian script (because i can't get the AS3 one to work how i want it to) but when i load an external swf file that i created in AS3 with your flass eff components...those components don't work in the file and your logo just flashes on the screen where they should be. Is this because I can't use external swf files that were created in AS3 in an AS2 file?

If this is the case, can you please send me help on how to create a horizontal accordian that can load swf movie clips and auto-opens to the first panel when loaded on a page. I would also like the external swf files to start at frame one each time the panel is opened.

If possible, I noticed you had a slideshow-type view for AS2 (that is the one I customized before i realized the AS3 swf didn't work in it...I would love an AS3 version of that!

I'm using SWF files because when I try to make a jpg panel link to a URL...the entire tab turns into a button and I can't open it without opening the URL.

I would greatly appreciate some assistance!
Re: Using a AS3 file in your AS2 accordian file
April 23, 2009 09:20PM
SWF files written in ActionScript 1.0 or 2.0 cannot load SWF files written in ActionScript 3.0. This means that SWF files authored in Flash 8 or Flex Builder 1.5 or earlier versions cannot load ActionScript 3.0 SWF files. Here you can find more information about this issue.
In order to get answers to your Acc Menu questions please open a new support ticket and write there a detailed description of your needs and shortly you will get an answer. Please click the link below in order to open a new support ticket:

[www.jumpeyecomponents.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.