FlashEff doesn't work when looping without flashing

Posted by keano 
FlashEff doesn't work when looping without flashing
March 29, 2009 05:46AM
I need it to loop and it doesn't work. this is so bad. Impossible to use product.
here it is
Re: FlashEff doesn't work when looping without flashing
March 29, 2009 06:53PM
I got around the blinking and flashing by going to a previous frame before the one with the effect. If your movie with the FlashEff instance is on frame 15 for example, calculate the time of the effect with your file's fps and extend the frames on that layer by hitting F5. (so if your effect takes 2 seconds and you're at 30fps, select the frame with the effect and hit F5 to get the extra 60 frames and put a stop; action on the last frame. Then have your button go to frame 14 and play; rather than go to 15 and stop;
In your case keano place the first effect on frame 2, leave first frame empty...extend the layer with frames like in the above example, do this for each layer with MCs holding FlashEff. If you want to stop, place a stop; action on the last frame, or if you wanted to loop on the last frame place: gotoAndPlay(1); This way you're not landing on the frame with the effect, but on frame 1 which is empty and then have it play through and keep on looping.
Hope this helps, I had the same issue doing some banners but now it works like a charm.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.