Specific timing for FlashEff effects.

Posted by lavachickie 
Specific timing for FlashEff effects.
March 23, 2009 04:58PM
I'm putting the final touches on my first project using FlashEff, a very simple animation that shows testimonial text. My method of timing so people can read is to time myself reading it, then multiply by 1.25 for the slow kids, and then divide that by 12 frames per second to arrive at the amount of time each item should remain on the timeline.

If I understand FlashEff's text effects properly, I should be able to precisely time them to get the proper effect, right? Well, I must be missing something, because there are unexpected lags and waites now and then.

What I'm doing is this: on frame 1 I drop my two dynamic text boxes which holds the text I need. I pull out the FlashEff component and drop it on one, and select a Show pattern of FETAlpha and leave the details as default. I then select a Hide pattern of FETAlpha and in Options I set the delay period to be the length of the show effect (12 frames/sec times two seconds) plus the length of time I want the text displayed. The length of the Hide is also two seconds.

I then cut and past a copy of this component and drop it onto the 2nd text box so the effects will match.

Adding those three things together (show effect, time displayed, hide effect) I get the total length of time I want the text to be on the screen. Or I should. But it's not quite right.

Is there a better way to get the control I want?

Amy
Re: Specific timing for FlashEff effects.
March 23, 2009 07:26PM
I may have answered my own question, for anyone that is perhaps having the same issue!!

I was not taking off for the time it took the hide effect to function. So I was in effect going too long with the hold. It should look something like this:

[Show tweenduration * fps] + [hold duration * fps] + [hide tweenduration * fps] = total frames

Duh. =-)
March 28, 2009 03:53AM
Can someone help me..... I can't control when the hide effect starts? I want it to start sooner?
March 30, 2009 02:22PM
Set the Hide Delay property to be smaller, that should do the trick.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.