MC with FlashEff flashes for a second before animating!

Posted by ghitacostas 
MC with FlashEff flashes for a second before animating!
March 04, 2009 03:56AM
Hey everyone.

On most clips on which I have a FlashEff instance something strange happens. I publish and the whole movie flashes for a second in its end state and then starts animating. Why is this happening? Why does it show the entire content for a second before starting to animate in?

Thanks.
Re: MC with FlashEff flashes for a second before animating!
March 04, 2009 06:31AM
This problem seems to occur only on Mac OS because when tested on Windows, the animations work fine. Our recommendation is to place the FlashEff instances and their target objects on the second frame (not on frame 1) and then use a stop() function to stop the playhead on that frame (prevents Flash player from looping your clip). This way Flash player will have enough time to initialize the component.
March 12, 2009 12:42AM
Hello There I'm also experiencing the same problem... I've made a website with multiple pages, each page has an instance of FlashEff (free). I've got a preloader on frame 1, so the main website pages start from frame 2 onwards. How would I implement the stop() function you mention?

Many thanks any help is greatly appreciated :)

Speak soon,

Anthony
March 12, 2009 07:01AM
On the second Frame that you have created open you Actions panel(F9) and write stop().
March 12, 2009 11:59AM
Thanks for the response... I'm not sure if this is the solution for my problem... I have tried my website on both mac and pc and the same problem occurs?

If you move very quickly between pages by pressing the buttons, the Flash Eff logo keeps popping up on the effected movies?

here is my website : www.anthonyammar.com (as it might give you a better idea what's happen)

There are also a couple of weird flicker bugs going on too :(

Sorry I'm a bit of a flash newbie... so any help to resolve these issues would be most appreciated :)

Many Thanks,

Anthony

PS Great Product you guys make!
March 12, 2009 01:56PM
Hi aammar,

Thanks for the compliments, we do have an awesome product :).
I see your problem but I need to take a look at the .fla file if you want me to help. Open a ticket here: [www.jumpeyecomponents.com] and tell us what the problem is. If you want me to look at it please specify that somewhere along your message.

-Ionut D.
March 12, 2009 06:31PM
Indeed the awesomeness is unmatched. I was just wondering if a solution has been found for Anthony's site.
My solution, as Ionut suggested: put the movies (site pages in this case) on frames 5, 10, 15, 20 or whatever your interval is or however many pages/movies you have with a stop(); action on each frame.
Then set your buttons to gotoAndPlay(); to the previous frame of each. 4, 9, 14, 19. No more flickering, looks good but there's a side effect to this: You hit the same button, it reloads the same page, which isn't nice.
So how do we get around this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2009 03:01AM by ghitacostas.
March 12, 2009 10:49PM
Just emailed the ticket... Many Thanks :)
March 13, 2009 06:14AM
ghitacostas,

This can be done with a little coding. You will need a new variable that remembers the page that you are viewing and on every event listener that you have on those buttons, before you go to a different page check if the page you are viewing is the same with the one you have in your variable, if so do not reload the page.
March 13, 2009 05:14PM
Then this is the solution for the split second flickering of the FlashEff instance. Send your buttons to a frame before your page/movieclip and hold it in place within a variable. I'll see if I can get it to work.
Thanks as usual, Ionut.
March 29, 2009 03:22AM
This absolutely sucks. I have a project due Monday I have spent weekend using this program which is great but that flash on looping just kills EVERYTHING. I don't know AS all my time is wasted. I am screwed. I want it to loop but not flash at beginning
March 29, 2009 05:33AM
I tried
stop();
setTimeout(play, 1000);
On frame 1 after looping and it still blinks this SUCKS I need this to work. It is like buying a car and saying well to start the car push it then turn key
March 30, 2009 02:26PM
keano, if you can't get this to work send an e-mail to jumpeye components support team, they will help you
May 07, 2009 02:36AM
I'm not sure if this will help for your looping issue, but on my movie I got around the single frame flash by putting a gotoAndPlay(5); action on frame 1 and then starting any FlashEff animations on or after frame 5. Just think of frame 5 as your new frame 1.

Just to test, when I took out the stop() at the end of my movie it looped just fine without and flashing.

Hope this fix works for anyone else having issues.

I am working on a mac, but I was seeing the flashing on our PC as well.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.