5003 ERROR - any fixes?
February 26, 2009 02:44AM
I thought I posted this , looked for it and cannot find. If it turns up sorry for the double post but I have to get a solution for this problem. I have 10 components on stage working fine, I read a previous post about error 5003 where it says too many instances will cause the error so I did what the answer said, took the 10 instances , copied the frames and saved as a movieclip. Put the movieclip in the main timeline and it works. Then I added another instance on its own timeline and I still have the same problem. If I don't get the 5003 error I get the flashing instances on stage when I publish, this is a great tool but my client is gonna be pissed if I do not finish this project can somebody please help me out. I'm on a Mac, if that matters.
Re: 5003 ERROR - any fixes?
February 26, 2009 06:27AM
Hi,

The solution would be to turn off Flash's ActionScript optimizer: Publish Settings -> Flash tab -> ActionScript 3.0 Settings and in the dialog box that appears simply turn off the "Reduce file size and increase performance" option.
This will most probably resolve you issue. Let me know how it goes.
February 27, 2009 06:18AM
This seems to have solved having a lot of instances on stage as well as the flickering instances, I had 10 now I have 13 and no problems as of yet.

so far so good.
February 27, 2009 06:33AM
Glad to hear that.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.