Help in Loop movie

Posted by matloc 
Help in Loop movie
February 05, 2009 10:20AM
Hi all,
I'm creating a header for a site that display 5 different images. Each 6 second the images changes. I followed the 'Slide-Show presentation with Flahs-eff' tutorial (http://www.flasheff.com/tutorials/slideShowpres.html) to accomplish this task. And it works perfectly.
The only thing I don't know how to do is how to make it loop so that after the last image the movie restart with the first one.

Thanks in advance for the help
Mattia
Re: Help in Loop movie
February 05, 2009 03:07PM
Hi matloc,

You can loop your animation by a creating enough frames. For example if you set your frame rate to 30 fps then you would need 60 frames for 2 seconds of animation. I think you will need 900 frames for your whole animation, if you have a frame rate of 30 fps.
February 06, 2009 12:04AM
Hello Mattia,
Without pretending to have some extensive knowledge in AS at all you may try to place the following code on AS layer, frame 4 under the existing timer stop function:

myTimer.stop();
gotoAndPlay(1);

P.S.: I just realize that you will loose the last image and the seamless loop. Better wait for some of the gurus here to post the correct code.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2009 12:12AM by pioneer.
February 20, 2009 07:26PM
I'm having the EXACT problem. Is there any way that the looping can be controlled in AS?

I'm somewhat familiar with AS2 but AS3... well, let's just say I only know how to stop things...

Please, please, could someone advise?

Thanks!
February 25, 2009 03:41PM
Hi. I followed the tutorial on how to create a slideshow in the video tutorials. I wanted a continuosly looping movie without clicking on a button (as in the tutorial). The following method worked for me:

On the last keyframe add the following script:

myTimer.stop()
gotoAndPlay("1")

In order to keep the last slide, I added another keyframe after the last slide on the actions layer.
You can increase the timer length in the first actions frame to your needs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2009 03:44PM by saf01.
April 27, 2009 11:24AM
Thank you , this helped me a lot! But I have another question:
how can I make the first frame stay for, let's say, 5 seconds, the second one for 6 and the last one again for 5 seconds?
I imagine I have to use actionscript but I don't know what to write since I'm new to all of this!
Thanks to everyone who tries to help!
Tania
June 16, 2009 10:21AM
Hello everybody,
It's been a while now that I'm trying to understand how to make a banner where there's a background that shows and 2 texts that show too.
You sya, what's so difficult to do? I want the background to stay firm and the first text to loop, while the second I'd like it to play a filter endlessly.
I know there are problems with FE2 but maybe someone can help me in some way. I'm really desperate :-( I attach the fla, if some angel may have a look!
Attachments:
open | download - gm.fla (1012.5 KB)
June 17, 2009 08:56AM
Hi Tania,

I did a small example for you, didn't had the time to clean it up as I usually do but i hope you understand what I did over there.
I used an event listener on the component and when the event triggers it calls the component instance name.show() which starts the effect.
Attachments:
open | download - gm LOOP + FILTER.fla (543 KB)
June 19, 2009 10:53AM
mumble mumble... I need to study it Cause I didn't understand how you do it, but thanks!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.