FlashEff on Mask Layers

Posted by mfulton 
FlashEff on Mask Layers
January 25, 2009 10:17AM
I have made a fairly simple flash file using a FlashEff component on a Dynamic Text object. Everything works fine until I try to turn the layer containing the text and FlashEff component into a Mask for the layer underneath. Then it just stops working.

Is FlashEff not capable of working on a mask layer? Why not? I can't see any reason why this should matter... I would think the layer should just render without any concern for how it might be composited with anything else.
Re: FlashEff on Mask Layers
January 26, 2009 08:36AM
There might be some issues when using layers, as many FlashEff patterns create clips which are masked and moved around in other containers. To be sure you will not meet any difficulties just create a new movieclip and put the FlashEff animation in that clip and then create a mask over the clip you've just created. If this won't work come back and we will figure out another solution.
-Ionut
January 26, 2009 06:38PM
You don't understand... I'm not using another layer as a mask for the FlashEff stuff. I want the FlashEff stuff to be the mask for another layer.
January 27, 2009 07:58AM
Hello mfulton

There are few steps to make this work.
1. Place the FlashEff and his text target into a new movieClip .
2. Before to apply the mask you have to set the "caheAsBitmap" property of the both movieClips (targetMask, mask) to "true "like in the example below.
targetMask.cacheAsBitmap=true;
myFlasheffTextAnimation=true;

3. Set the mask using the code.
targetMask.mask=myFlasheffTextAnimation;

I hope this information will be helpful
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.