problem calling .swf header from main frame

Posted by lowbelly 
problem calling .swf header from main frame
January 12, 2009 07:58PM
Hello,

Have been using FlashEff for a whle now and everything is super! I have created a header file which plays appropriately when opened on its own. For some reason, though, when I call this header in my main frame flash document I end up with many flashing 'flasheff' boxes and no animation.

Could anyone direct me toward a much-appreciated solution to this?

Am using AS3 and Flash 10.
Re: problem calling .swf header from main frame
January 12, 2009 10:42PM
Also, forgot to mention-- I've tried grouping the flasheff and graphic elements together in movieclips (as in the tutorial on getting effects to run in multiple scenes) but that didn't seem to work, alas....
January 13, 2009 07:44AM
Yes, the problem is that after loading the .swf file with flasheff animations, the file does no longer find FlashEff in its Library. You can either place a copy of the FlashEff component and patterns in the Library of your main file. You should also have there the embedded font. Another solution would be to load the .swf file into your main application using another ApplicationDomain. Maybe this tutorial will help you understand the problem (it's for TxEff, but the problem and solution are the same): http://www.jumpeyecomponents.com/knowledgebase/TxEff-AS3.0/Main-TxEff-animation-loads-external-TxEff-animations~473/.
January 14, 2009 10:49AM
Wow, thank you so very much for taking the time to respond so helpfully! unfortunately I haven't been able to implement your solutions as I don't have editing priveleges for the main file-- it's part of a edit-protected package I've gotten to help create websites, and I only can specify the x,y coordinates, size, and name of the header file I'd like to insert. I don't have access to the main .fla file itself, sadly... I wonder whether you might be able to help me think of another workaround-- maybe specifying from within my external file that library components are to be found in a place I can control?

Thank you again for your help!
January 15, 2009 03:14PM
I think another solution for you would be to load in your swf file another external swf containing the FlashEff component and the patterns you need plus the embedded characters, to be used as an external Library. So when the main fla loads your file, you'll load the other swf that contains FlashEff and you should be able to instantiate by code FlashEff and the patterns you placed in the external swf. Also you would have to instantiate the font you embedded in the external swf file.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.