New to FlashEff - trying the most basic experiment, need help

Posted by karmalab 
New to FlashEff - trying the most basic experiment, need help
January 12, 2009 04:32AM
I am trying to make the simplest most basic thing work:

I have a few lines of Dynamic Text. I made a movie clip out of it.

I want the text to slide in from the left, sit there for "awhile", and then slide out to the right.

I put FlashEff on the object, and select Slide for the "Show", and also Slide for the "hide". I set the Hide to use the L2R option.

So, it *does* work, except I cannot control how long the text stays in the middle before exiting.

I tried making a first keyframe with the clip only use the "Show" option. Then a whole bunch of frames later, another keyframe, and this one with the hide option. Except it doesn't work. When it gets to the second keyframe, it doesn't hide the slip, it slides it in from the left again. Even though the Show option is not checked, and the Hide option is checked with a pattern selected. I don't get it. What am I missing to do this seemingly simple thing? Thanks
Re: New to FlashEff - trying the most basic experiment, need help
January 13, 2009 04:35AM
Attach it like you did, but don't worry about adding any buffer frames. Look under the "Hide" tab in the flasheff panel. There is an Options sub-tab. In there you can change the delay before the hide effect starts.
January 13, 2009 07:46AM
Yeap, you need to change the hideDelay property as dmnerd said.
January 21, 2009 02:58AM
Thanks - actually, I was doing this, and it wasn't working. Some kind of bug. I ended up quitting Flash, and restarting a day later, and it suddenly worked, without me changing anything. Weird.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.