On looping slideshow, buttons break timing

Posted by micahboswell 
On looping slideshow, buttons break timing
June 23, 2009 03:53PM
As you can see on the attached file, I am using the slideshow video tutorial code verbatim for the 30 second slides. I am also using the code mentioned above to create an automatic loop.

My problem is in my button. My ultimate intent is to create 5 buttons that always are visible that one can use to click to the slide of their preference. I built the first one within this FLA, but I'm encountering a strange glitch. The button will successfully take the show to frame 1, but then the slide show seems to forget the timing for frame 2. Instead of playing for 30 seconds, it plays for just the length of the text transition.

Can anyone help please.
Attachments:
open | download - wfm_slideshow.fla (1.5 KB)
Re: On looping slideshow, buttons break timing
June 24, 2009 04:29PM
Can someone please respond to this?

TXEFF devs? Please? Is anyone there?
June 25, 2009 06:22AM
Hi,

I tried opening the file but it does not work, when I looked again I saw that it was 1.5 Kb. Upload the file again and I will gladly check the files again.
June 25, 2009 02:26PM
Here you go sir. Thanks in advance! Much appreciated!
Attachments:
open | download - wfm_slideshow1.fla (3.98 MB)
June 26, 2009 08:53AM
Hi,
I looked at your file and fixed the problem.
The problem was caused by the timers that were not deleted, even though other instances were created the old ones still run.
I left comments in the Fla file and also used the FECCallFunction command pattern, it is also explained in the fla.
Hope this helps,

Ionut.
Attachments:
open | download - slideshow with timer.fla (4 MB)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.