My FlashEff Panel keeps going BLANK.

Posted by brevity 
My FlashEff Panel keeps going BLANK.
May 29, 2009 07:59AM
I'm using Flash Eff with Flash CS4 on a Nehalem Mac Pro. I've been using it now and then for about a year now.
Now, suddenly, the Flash Eff Panel goes blank after I select a transition.
Does anyone know of any current issues which could be causing this?
Re: My FlashEff Panel keeps going BLANK.
June 01, 2009 01:16PM
Hi
This might be a bug in the panel, please report the bug to our support team and provide a detailed description of your problem. They will come up with a working solution for you.
Thank you.
June 11, 2009 06:42AM
Hi, the support team didn't come up with anything except "we can't replicate the problem". I was wondering if my problem had to do with the fact that I'm using an early 2009 Mac Pro? I had an After Effects plugin which didn't work on the new machine. The company that makes the plugin had to put out a fix. Just wondering. And wondering what i'm going to do. I paid for FlashEff and suddenly I can't use it anymore.

I forgot to mention: the component does not snap to the symbol. Usually it snaps to the upper left corner. Now, nothing, no snap. It just sits wherever I drop it.

And here's more: I thought I'd give it a try anyway. I got the FlashEff panel to stay on long enough to add a transition before it went blank. When I tested the movie I got this error: "TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert flash.text::TextField@39833511 to flash.display.MovieClip." (I used Arial Black). Anyway, the type didn't even show up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 06:56AM by brevity.
June 11, 2009 08:08AM
It works now.
Just wanted to mention that and not leave this thread on a sour note. The support team told me the error was happening because I was using FlashEff in a second scene. I wasn't aware of that problem. WHEW!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.