Optimize fla removes hte effects

Posted by CodeArt 
Optimize fla removes hte effects
January 05, 2009 07:09AM
hi,
i am so disappointed, after like putting 20 flasheff, i hit optimize fla and then when i previewed the file all animations are gone, to solve this i have to manually click on each flasheff instance on stage then preview the file and it will work again.
Re: Optimize fla removes hte effects
January 05, 2009 08:25AM
Unfortunately there is indeed a problem with optimize fla in case the FlashEff instances are placed inside movie clips. This is because the panel cannot check every movie clip for FlashEff instances because this might freeze/crash Flash completely. This is why the panel only checks for the FlashEff instances placed directly on the stage.

If you have FlashEff instances placed on the stage and inside movie clips, we recommend not using the optimize fla option, instead you should manually remove the FlashEff patterns you do not use from the Library.
January 05, 2009 09:03AM
hi,
thanks for reply,
but this is really a shortcoming and a daunting task, i have to manually check for 20 or 30 flash instances then look in library then compare then delete.
there should be a feasible solution for this soon
January 06, 2009 06:43AM
We've made some changes to the panel and now it looks into movie clips too but you should keep in mind that if there are a lot of FlashEff instances and a lot of movie clips, Flash could crash because of the too high amount of processing. The new panel is already on the server and you can test it out by simply restarting Flash and reopening the panel. Please let us know how it goes.
January 06, 2009 07:32PM
hi,
i closed flash and closed flasheff panel and did optimize but nothing happened, i mean no unused patterns where removed
January 07, 2009 07:40AM
If you could send over your source fla file we would look into it to see what the problem is. Just write to the support team (support [at] jumpeyecomponents [dot] com) and make sure to attach your source files to the mail.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.