FlashEff component not attaching to image

Posted by cbowyer 
FlashEff component not attaching to image
December 31, 2008 08:43PM
Hello all

My first post here. I have just purchased the FlashEff Premium to use with Flash CS3. I believe I have loaded it correctly but I can't seem to get the FlashEff component to stick to an Image. I select the image, drag the component over top of the image but the component lands at the cursor position rather than snapping to the image corner. Accordingly any patterns I apply have no effect on the image.

I am also getting some wierd 1 pixel-high random banding when the FlashEff panel shows up. Looks like a video card problem. Are there any issues with FlashEff and ATI Radeon 9600 on Mac OSX?

Any thoughts on either issue?
regards
cbowyer

DUH, Sorry people I figured out the first issue, I neglected to place the ymbo inside a clip. I was just trying to attach it to the image. Still having that banding issue if anyone knows anything about that I would be grateful for some advice.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 09:29PM by cbowyer.
Attachments:
open | download - alarming_bands.jpg (19.5 KB)
Re: FlashEff component not attaching to image
January 02, 2009 03:07PM
The banding problem is quite strange. I'm working on a Mac Book Pro (GeForce 8600M GT video card) and never had that problem. I'm not sure if the graphics card has anything to do with it because the panel is actually a Flash application that plays inside that panel. So the problem should be with Flash Player (Adobe Flash uses an embedded Flash Player for the panels) but since you didn't experience this problem with other Flash animations/applications, I don't really know what to say. Maybe it is a problem of the graphics card, but you're the first one to mention it.
January 02, 2009 06:36PM
I do have an older machine. A dual 1.25 G4. perhaps that's an issue. Strange though while waiting for a copy of CS3 Production Premium to arrive I ran the FlashEFF free version with the demo version of Flash CS4 and there were no banding issues. Perhaps I'll load the latest version of the Flash player and see if that has any effect.
January 05, 2009 07:04AM
I think I've read somewhere that Flash Player has some limitations on non-Intel Macs. So that might be one of the problems.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.