Flash CS4 - component not showing up

Posted by ohyeah 
Flash CS4 - component not showing up
December 23, 2008 01:30PM
I installed through the new Extension manager. My movies use AS3 - FP10.
No eff-component is showing up. Re-installed, still no component.
Well, maybe you should "retest" the thing ?
Re: Flash CS4 - component not showing up
December 26, 2008 04:54PM
We have a knowledge base item that might help you out: https://www.jumpeyecomponents.com/knowledgebase/*-Flash-~-general-use-problems/After-installation-components-do-not-show-up-in-Components-panel~1051/. This is in case you are using Flash with a different language version than English. Otherwise the component and patterns should all be available in the Components panel.
December 31, 2008 03:56PM
Thanks for your reply. I am using the English version of Flash. Still looking for a solution.
January 02, 2009 02:39PM
This is quite curious. Please write to the support team (support [at] jumpeyecomponents [dot] com) about this and they'll try to help as soon as possible.
Just downloaded the free FlashEFF component.
Is not installing into Flash CS4 on mac.
After double-clicking on the component, Extension Manager tells me that cannot find the installer for the component!
Do I need to do something else to get it run on the new Flash CS4?
Thank you
Alex
January 05, 2009 07:05AM
The installer should be in the package you downloaded and should install without problems. Please try to redownload the package and extract the .mxp file - maybe there was a problem during download.
January 11, 2009 02:32PM
I've had the same problem. Look inside:
User > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Flash CS4 > en

All the FlashEff files should be inside the EN folder.

I have an english version of Flash but an italian version of the OS. And the FlashEff installation created a IT folder just for the FlashEff components. That's why it didn't show up.

I've moved all the FlashEff files into the EN folder and the problem has been solved.
January 11, 2009 03:35PM
thanks alot jerikoone!
thats the way to do it,
support helped me out on that one.
January 16, 2009 12:00PM
hi
I have same problem, ? am using VISTA Home Pre,
The users folder is different example D:\Users\mucahitberber\Library\Preferences\Adobe\Extension Manager2
I paste the *mxp file in here. Than click double and install it. But I haven't seen the component in Flash
I am using CS4 version.
January 23, 2009 01:59PM
It seems that many FlashEff users have meet this problem.
The first thing you have to do is make sure that your FlashEff component is in the configuration folder of your Flash.
If you have a different language version of your Windows make sure that the files are in EN folder ( most common mistake ).
Some FlashEff users install it correctly but open a As 2.0 file instead of an As 3.0 file.
January 28, 2009 09:06PM
Could some one solve this problem for good...???

Running CS4 on Vista I experience the same problem.
But none of the suggested solutions seems to work or are no option.
February 22, 2009 03:45PM
hey guys im so happy that im not alone ^^
i run cs4 on a vista based operating system server08 with german languge and my components shows not up.knowledge-base helps not out.
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Flash CS3\en\Configuration\Components folder and creates two folders there:
f.e. "Documents and Settings" isnt accessible for me as admin.
February 23, 2009 09:47AM
For the users who have Windows Vista here is the folder configuration where your FlashEff should be:
C:\Users\yourUser\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS3\en\Configuration\Components\FlashEff Patterns\
If this work please come back and let us know.
March 07, 2009 05:07PM
All you have to do is to put --> -locale lang=”en_US” after C:\.......Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CS4\Adobe Extension Manager CS4.exe" -locale lang="en_US" For those ppl who are not using and english windows.
March 14, 2009 03:27PM
hello,

thank you for your advice!

after i copied every (3 folders) from

C:\*USER*\*myuser*\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS3\de\Configuration\
to
c:\*USER*\*myuser*\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS3\en\Configuration\

the missing components showing up.

thank you!

-h
March 22, 2009 10:01PM
Well, i just have my problem sold because off you Lonut!!!!!! Ans i want to thank all th eguys who are helping eachother!!!
Thank u, Thank u, Thank u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 29, 2009 05:38PM
I have English version of OS and I had the same problem, could not install on Flash CS4 the extension. I have uninstalled it on Flash CS3 only after uninstalling CS4.
March 30, 2009 07:32AM
Please try to install the Flasheff by starting the Extension Manager from within Flash (Help \ Manage Extensions) .
May 22, 2009 01:51AM
>> Please try to install the Flasheff by starting the Extension Manager from within Flash (Help \ Manage Extensions).

Yeah, that solved my problem. I run Flash CS4 (EN) on Windows Vista (PT).
June 02, 2009 03:36PM
AHa I get the problem and the fix.
The problem for Windows vista(PT) and the other problems wich dont showing up components cause that is CS4..well

Instal any component for test, like kongregate API...[kongregate.jacobcorreia.com] ... install occour normaly.
after you need look for this directory [HD]:\User\[yourUser]\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS4\pt\Configuration at my case is ( C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS4\pt\Configuration\).
copy all for C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS4\en\Configuration...

Be carefull for new components. If you copy paste all everytime the last will overwrite older. For this copy each content folder and past that.

LOL =)

[LOOK THIS]

CLOSE FLASH

copy all file from ( C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS4\pt\Configuration\ to C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS4\en\Configuration\)
DONE.

OPEN FLASH

OPEN a new document (like flash AS3.0)

Look CTRL+F7. @WHOW... new component installed sucefull

credits by me. (psydack)

--------------------------------
kokerx@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 03:46PM by psydack.
August 13, 2009 11:44AM
LumpyNutzz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All you have to do is to put --> -locale
> lang=”en_US” after C:\.......Adobe\Adobe
> Extension Manager CS4\Adobe Extension Manager
> CS4.exe" -locale lang="en_US" For those ppl who
> are not using and english windows.

Thanks a lot it helped me.
BTW
I have english windows vista, but I had polish regional settings, so It means that regional setting are more important then system language
October 02, 2011 03:26PM
i can install on Flash CS4 the extension, because my flash some time is out, i need help please, i give you my site if you want to see my problem [plombier-express.fr]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.