Image Transitions?

Posted by mikes02 
Image Transitions?
November 25, 2008 04:17PM
Using the FlashEff image effects how can you do image transitions that are seamless?
Re: Image Transitions?
November 26, 2008 07:15AM
The FlashEff component has the swap functionality which allows replacing the current target object with a new target object. This is done by applying the chosen hide transition on the current target and the chosen show transition on the next target. The transition is done depending on the swapDelay property. If this delay is 0 than the hide and show transitions will start at the same time, resulting in a cross-fade-like transition between the two objects. Please see the list of properties of the component: http://www.flasheff.com/howtouse_properties/. You should check out the swap properties (they can be set from the FlashEff panel too).
June 26, 2009 08:17PM
Is there anyway to do the swap function with a rollover? I am just trying to create a cool rollover with a FlashEff from one image to another and then back to the original image. Is there some kind of tutorial that covers this? (Apologies if I am in the wrong forum, this just seemed closest to what I was looking for)
July 01, 2009 06:44AM
There isn't a tutorial no this because is not that hard to do.
You will have to components with 2 targets. One has the show(lets call it showComponent) transition and the other the hide (lets call it hideComponent ) transition.
You will set an event listener then, when the event is triggered you will hide the first target ( hideComponent.hide()) and to show the next image you can do it in many different ways. The easiest is to set the delay time to whatever duration the hide transition has. Another method is to add an event listener and listen to the End event of the hideComponent and then show the next target(showComponent.show()).
Hope this helps,

Ionut.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.